July 15, 2008 was a hectic, but great day. It was a bright, sunny and hot summer day that led to a beautiful evening. I had spent the day running errands and shopping for items to decorate our new home, which we had just closed on a few days earlier. We had patiently waited through a long winter and spring. In addition, my husband Michael and I had just celebrated our first anniversary. The Lord had blessed us with so much, and we were truly grateful. [Read more…]
We received a call from the doctor about 2 weeks after our son was born telling us that one of his genetic tests were positiive for a rare condition known as Pompes disease, a severe respiratory illness that can debilitate a person for life and confine them to a wheelchair or even cause death. We prayed and believed God with Pastor Andzel for his healing and went to the doctor for a full diagnostic and genetic screening to confirm the diagnosis. After a few weeks the doctor called back with the results of the tests: he did not have Pompes disease! Praise the Lord!
Just wanted to you to know, when we were at New Creation Fellowship 23 years ago we were told by our doctors that we would not be able to have another child (we had one boy), and I would need surgery. You both prayed over me and Joe and within 6 weeks I was pregnant. 5 months into the pregnancy I was in a car accident and was told by doctors that the baby would not live, and if he did, he would be severely disabled due to oxygen deprivation as a result of the accident. He was born July 7, 1990 (7 lbs 7 oz), perfect. A few days later we were told he had a heart valve that was not closed and would need surgery. Three days later we returned to the surgeon and were told that a miracle had occurred and his heart was perfect. At 18 he was in a car accident. The car was totally burned up but he and his best friend got out without a burn or scratch. The emergency personnel said that there was “someone else” (Jesus) in that car with them and that’s the only way they could have gotten out.
Matthew graduated from Lee University, a Christian university with a degree in pre-med. He married Melody, who had been a foster child – rejected early in life and grew up in numerous homes – but has the most tender, sweet spirit we have ever known, a young lady truly a testimony of God as our rescuer and protector. They are now at Quillen School of Medicine. Matt preparing to be a doctor and Melody teaching elementary students. They are strong in the Lord and serve as part of medical member teams, Community medical services, and recently Matt was given a group of Mission students to work with. I know this is our opportunity to share Jesus through his life and words. You are part of their precious lives. Thank you for your prayers – your faith – it is far reaching to the “nations”.
One evening, I was sitting home alone with my dog feeling rather tired. My daughter and grandson had just moved in with their cats and one frisky puppy. Unbeknownst to me, her puppy had jumped on her stove and turned on the knob, filling my lower and upper apartment with gas. I was nauseated and just could not get off the couch. My daughter was at work and usually comes home and lights her candles right away, but this day she decided to take a long drive to pick up her son who was staying at his fathers house.
A family member did not feel at ease and decided to come home and check how things were. As soon as he opened the door, he shouted for me to get out of the house. We found that the stove had been on for about one hour. We opened all the windows and called the fire department. I felt that once the windows were opened, they did not need to come, but they were already pulling down my street. They took out a meter to measure the amount of gas build up. The meter showed the house was very much still filled up with gas. The firefighters told me to get out of the house immediately. I got my dog and Puggles the puppy outside as they proceeded to bring in giant fans to air out the gas.
Afterwards, the firefighters told me had they not come, that within one minute, the ignitor of my furnace would have turned on and the house would have blown up with my animals and me inside. The Lord is good and my shield.
My current job was coming to an end in April 2012 due to project funding termination and I had to look for a new job. Prospects looked dire with very few job postings in the Buffalo area. I released my faith and prayed for God to provide me not only with a new and better job, but a job in Buffalo.
Several people told me that I was severely limiting myself and it would be wiser to geographically expand my job search area and to move to where the jobs are hot in my field. In their eyes I was foolish, in my eyes I was wise to believe in God. [Read more…]